Sand and fine particles of debris float to the bottom of your pool floor and can be a real nuisance to get rid off. Even the best filtration systems can’t get rid of this fine sand and debris collecting on the pool floor, walls and around steps and obstacles.
The best-rated handheld pool vacuums have powerful suction, are easy to use, and extremely efficient and effective when it comes to picking up sand and other debris collected on the pool floor or around steps and obstacles.
- 1 The 10 Best Handheld Pool Vacuums
- 1.1 1. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
- 1.2 2. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Water Tech CATFISH Pool Blaster Catfish Battery Powered Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li HD Manual Handheld Swimming Pool and Spa Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Kokido Telsa 5 3-Piece Rechargeable Max Vac Above-Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Kokido Skooba Max Vac Above-Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner, White
- 1.8 8. Kokido Telsa 30 Telescopic Rechargeable Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Underwater Stick Vacuum
- 1.10 10. OASE 602401853010 Pondovac Classic Pond Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 Conclusion
The 10 Best Handheld Pool Vacuums
A review of the 10 best handheld pool vacuums helps shed light on each one’s unique pros and cons to help you better decide which one would be most suitable for your desired pool cleaning needs.
1. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
When it comes to pool maintenance Intex has some of the best-rated products in the market. This incredibly lightweight vacuum cleaner comes with an extendable rod – up to 94” so you can easily reach the entire pool without getting in.
There’s a waterproof switch on the unit that doesn’t malfunction. Although this machine has limited battery runtime it is still way faster than conventional alternatives. It has the ability to shut down automatically which also saves battery.
This handheld vacuum cleaner is a great steal; you get all these amazing features for such a great price.
- Extendable 94” shaft
- USB charger included
- Extra brush head included
- Automatic shut off feature
- Waterproof switch
- Short battery time limits cleaning
2. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
The Pool Blaster Max Li is a powerful heavy-duty vacuum cleaner, equipped with a handful of great features. Its angled head fits perfectly in places otherwise hard to reach and is wide enough to cover bigger portions at a time.
This unit has amazing suction power which is rare to see in a battery-operated machine. You get a runtime of about an hour when it’s fully charged. It also features a multi-layered filter bags that pretty much takes care of everything so you won’t require any additional bags.
- Has a wide vacuum head
- Reusable multilayer filter bag
- Longer run time
- Simple plug and play
- Recharging can take longer
3. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
This battery-powered vacuum cleaner by Water Tech is a more affordable option. The unit comes with an all-purpose filter bag and 2 microfilters which is pretty much everything you need to keep your pool clean.
The batteries take about 4 hours to charge and gives you a runtime of 45 minutes non-stop. Although it is shorter than comparable options its enough to thoroughly clean a small pool/spa. Its simple on and off mechanism makes it easy to use.
- Not too costly
- Capable of removing all kinds of dirt
- Contains multiple filter bags
- Single button operation
- Short operating time
- It may be difficult to get into corners
4. Water Tech CATFISH Pool Blaster Catfish Battery Powered Vacuum
This compact yet effective vacuum cleaner is equipped with great features and is capable enough to pick up debris of all kinds. It is a battery-powered machine and requires no hoses or additional cables.
Its small design enables it to thoroughly clean your pool. Although the filter bag could have been bigger it can easily store a sufficient amount of dirt before it needs cleaning. It is an ideal choice for a small-sized pool or spa and isn’t too heavy on the pocket.
- Easy to use
- Compact in size
- Reusable filter bag
- No additional parts required
- The vacuum head is small
- Has a small filter bag
5. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li HD Manual Handheld Swimming Pool and Spa Vacuum Cleaner
This is a newer version of the Water Tech Max Li. It has surprisingly strong suction power and a larger filter bag that can store up to 40% more dirt compared to standard vacuum cleaners. It is a very simple machine to use, just attach the pole and maneuver it around your pool.
It gives 1 hour of runtime before recharging which usually takes up to 4 hours. Since the filter bag picks up a greater quantity of debris cleaning the pool is considerably a lot faster. The angular shape of the vacuum head helps reach every corner which is an added advantage.
- Large filter bag holds 40% more debris
- Simple installation
- Strong suction
- Longer operating time
- Robust design
- Large vacuum head
- Takes time to recharge
- Some users have complained of faulty chargers
6. Kokido Telsa 5 3-Piece Rechargeable Max Vac Above-Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum
The Kokido Telsa 5 is just like the original Tesla, only bigger. This 3-piece pool vacuum is super affordable and extremely easy to use. Its vacuum head is equipped with pivoting ball wheels that easily glides through the surface scrubbing off stubborn algae and dirt.
Users recommend this product because its adapters work with multiple brand pools filters which makes it quite versatile. Overall, Tesla 5 is a powerful battery-operated vacuum cleaner that won’t disappoint you.
- Excellent value for money
- Comes with rotational ball wheels
- Very simple to use
- Picks up on small particles and algae
- Powerful for its size
- Short operating time
- The pole attachment can be flimsy
7. Kokido Skooba Max Vac Above-Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner, White
This handheld vacuum is one of the cheapest options on the market. The Skooba Max is easy to assemble and attaches to your pool’s filtration system, vacuuming and filtering the pool simultaneously. It is a basic handheld pool vacuum that works best with low-flow filtration systems.
It has a small filter bag that easily stores small debris without clogging. Small clip-on brushes included in the package help loosen rigid algae off the bottom of the pool, and the different headpieces make cleaning larger areas easy.
- Least expensive
- Lightweight and portable
- Easily removes small dirt particles
- Ideal for a small-sized pool/spa
- Clip-on brushes included
- Small filter bag needs frequent cleaning
- Issues with suction not working consistently
8. Kokido Telsa 30 Telescopic Rechargeable Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Small pool owners should look into this beauty. It’s one of the best-rated rechargeable pool vacuum cleaners. The bristles attached to the vacuum head is one of the most likable features. It loosens up debris off the pool floor before filtering it out.
For its size, the unit offers considerably strong suction power picking up on smaller dirt, however, it doesn’t work well with large debris. It gives you enough run time to clean a small-sized pool in a full charge.
- Amazon’s choice for ‘rechargeable pool vacuum’
- Fast charging
- Powerful suction
- Attaches to long poles
- Easy to clean detachable filter bag
- Equipped with bristles
- Filter basket does not hold finer particles
- Short operating time
9. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Underwater Stick Vacuum
The Ryobi ONE+ is bigger in size, which means it has a big canister and a big vacuum head. It works best for bigger pools and longer cleaning hours giving up to an hour of runtime. The batteries are interchangeable with other Ryobi products which is an added advantage.
Another great feature about this unit is its hassle-free wireless charging. Charging this unit, therefore, is a lot faster. It has everything a standard vacuum cleaner should have, only bigger and better.
- Longer operating time – over 1 hour
- Large debris filter
- Wireless charging system
- Attaches common pool poles
- Wide vacuum head
- Interchangeable batteries
- The unit has to be fully submerged in the water to work
10. OASE 602401853010 Pondovac Classic Pond Vacuum Cleaner
Just like a standard vacuum cleaner, the OASE Pondovac comes with a multitude of nozzles that can be used for multiple purposes making it a versatile product. Equipped with a powerful motor, this machine offers high power suction to a depth of 6 ft.
What’s different about this one is that it’s suction system alternates between sucking and draining out the waste. So when the canister is full it automatically discharges the contents without the need to do it manually.
- #1 new release in ‘handheld pool vacuums’
- High-power suction
- Long suction hose
- Long power cable – 13 ft
- Multiple hose attachments
- 2-year warranty
- Automatic waste discharge
- Relatively small canister
If you are looking for a way to make pool cleaning easier, less time consuming and cost-effective than looking into purchasing a handheld pool vacuum might just be the solution you have been looking for.
Handheld vacuums come in different sizes and different features. Selecting any one of the ten vacuums featured on this list would make the process of cleaning the pool floors and walls a lot more manageable and even fun.
These handheld vacuums are the best rated, most powerful, reliable and durable pool vacuums available in the market; all at extremely competitive rates. Order the best handheld pool vacuum for you today and say goodbye to dirt, sand, and debris for a clearer, cleaner and healthier pool this summer season.