A ladder for above ground pool might be a trivial purchase but it is a serious decision. A wrong ladder can cause serious harm to the ones using it. So how do you choose the best above ground pool ladder? A ladder that does not develop sharp spots, rust too quick or come loose?
This guide will help you find a ladder that fits your above ground pool, lasts long and is safe to use.
Top 11 Ladders For Above Ground Pool
Below are 11 options in ladders you can pick for your above ground pool. Review the pros and cons of each one to make the right decision:
1. Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Above Ground Adjustable Pool Roll-Guard Safety Ladder
A-frame 7200 from Confer can adjust to a pool that’s 48 to 56 inches tall. The ladder has an extra-large platform. It can withstand 300 pounds.
Each step is large – the size is 18×5 inches. This is perfect for kids. It eliminates all fears parents usually have with ladders.
The ladder has a lockable roll guard barrier that rolls over the steps when it’s not in use. Keep in mind, it is not a good fit for inflatable, Intex, and pop-up style pools.
- The ladder is stable and safe to use
- It’s fast and easy to set up
- It can be locked which makes it perfect for kids
- Watch out for missing parts
2. Confer Staircase Style Above Ground Pool Steps Warm Grey
Confer staircase style ladder for above ground pool fits 48 to 52 inches height and decks that are up to 60 inches.
It just has to snap and it’s assembled. The steps are large and flat. It has a 32-inch extra wide pathway for safe entry and exit from the pool.
Confer staircase style ladder is made from resin polymer and it is tough enough to withstand the UV rays of the sun. The steps also have dual handrails to make it comfortable to climb.
Its mounting brackets are supposed to fasten the step to the deck. The side supports can be filled with pea gravel or sand to weigh the staircase down.
- Stable ladder with handrails
- Wide steps offer more safety
- Adding sand makes the staircase stable
- The handrails are a little wobbly
3. Confer Above Ground Swimming Pool Curve Step System
Curve step system from Confer is meant to provide convenience and style at the same time. The curved step treads with a sweeping handrail is extremely safe to use.
It is a 4 step staircase made from strong and chemical resistant resin. It can hold up to 400 pounds. It is one of those investments that would last for years. During the installation, you can either curve the steps inwards or outwards. To weigh the steps down, you can fill the side panels with sand or pea gravel.
The design consists of a base step and add-on corner step which creates a wide entrance to the pool. The adjustable base pad is provided for slightly sloped floors.
- Very easy to assemble
- Its durable and chemical resistant
- Adjustable base pads makes it useful for sloped floors
- The handrails are not sturdy enough
4. Vinyl Works A Frame Ladder with Barrier for Swimming Pools
This ladder is a good fit for pools with up to 4.5-foot sidewalls and a flat bottom. It consists of 4 base treads and a platform to offer more stability and ease of climbing. The ladder can hold up to 300 pounds of load.
The two-step platform can adjust from 48 to 56 inches tall passing over the pool walls. It’s made from plastic resin and stainless steel hardware.
It has a slide block design that locks the barrier in place to make sure no one swims through, behind or around the ladder when they are inside the pool.
- The height of the ladder is adjustable
- It’s made from durable materials
- The instructions for installation are easy to follow
- Be careful, you might pinch your finger lowering the ladder
5. Intex 28066E Steel Frame Swimming Pool Ladder
This pool ladder is meant for above ground pools with 48-inch wall height. The ladder has a coated steel frame which prevents it from corrosion. It can withstand all kinds of weather too.
You can say goodbye to the fear of getting injured when jumping in and out of your pool. This double-sided Intex pool ladder features high impact slip-resistant plastic steps. It makes your pool safe and easy to access. It can hold up to 300 pounds of weight.
- Stronger step design makes it safer to swim
- Slip-resistant steps offer durability
- The corrosion-resistant steel frame ensures longevity
- The steps are a bit flimsy
6. Swimline Above Ground Pool A Frame Ladder with Barrier
Swimline above ground pool ladder promises to offer safe entry and exit to the pool. It fits pools with walls between 48 and 52 inches tall.
At the side of the ladder, there is a safety barrier which is meant to go inside the pool. This prevents users from swimming underneath the ladder. So don’t fear, your little ones won’t get trapped there.
The frame is corrosion-resistant which means it will last for years.
- The safety barrier prevents from swimming underneath the ladder
- The corrosion-resistant frame makes it durable
- Each step has a platform for entry
- The instructions for installation are unclear
7. Blue Wave NE1175 Heavy Duty In-Pool Ladder
It is made from resin which prevents it from getting rusty or corrode. The ladder has a 5 tread design which makes it easier to climb.
The extra deep 5-inch non skid treads make it safe for climbing. Other than this, the ladder is equipped with a child-proof barrier that meets all the safety needs. The ladder has a 22-inch high handrail for secure climbing.
Blue Wave has an adjustable height. You can adjust it from 48 to 54 inches in height. It can hold up to 300 pounds at a time.
- It has a 5 tread design
- The child-proof ladder makes it safe for kids
- The height is adjustable
- The instructions are hard to follow
8. Easy-Incline Above Ground Pool Ladder
Easy-incline above ground pool ladder features extra-wide anti-slip steps. The top step is 6.5 inches deep whereas the bottom step is 9.5 inches deep. The steps in between decrease in depth gradually to offer the user a staircase feel as they climb out of the pool.
The ladder comes with all the hardware necessary for mounting. It’s perfect for pools with a flat bottom of up to 52 inches deep.
- Steps are designed to offer a staircase like feel
- The steps are wide and have anti-slip quality
- It is easy to set up and use
- Some users have complained it floats
9. Above Ground Swimming Pool Step to Deck
Above ground swimming pool step to deck by time swim is an easy to assemble and comfortable to use set of steps. If it meant for those pools that don’t have a deck and you need an outside ladder.
The rugged step makes it easy to enter or exit the pool. It is made from polyethylene. The deck has double handrails and big slip-resistant steps. This makes it easy to step into the pool and climb out of safety.
The step is perforated which lets water and chemical circulation to eliminate dead water area. The top flanges anchor to the ladder to the deck.
- Easy to put together
- The steps are wide and roomy enough
- Polyethylene material makes them maintenance-free
- Weight is required to keep the steps into position.
10. Bestway 58334E 58334 Pool Ladder
Bestway pool ladder is designed to offer simple and safe access to and from the pool. The unit comes flat packed and it is very easy to set up. All the required fixtures come within.
The rust-resistant galvanized metal frame makes it durable. The steps, on the other hand, are made of plastic. They are designed to provide drenched feet with utmost security and grip.
This ladder is best suited for pools with a wall that’s 36 inches high.
- It has slip-resistant plastic steps
- It’s sturdy and durable
- Provides safe and easy access from and to the pool
- It’s not that easy to put together
11. Safety Step Above Ground Swimming Pool Ladder
32-inch safety step above ground swimming pool ladder is another one of the ladders on the market that makes it easier to get in and out of the pool. You won’t slip or miss a step anymore.
The ladder has a white frame with large and wide steps. The white color makes them highly visible in the water. The ladder can hold up to 400 pounds of weight.
There are side openings that enable water circulation behind the unit to inhibit algae growth. This lets other pool chemicals to do their job without getting stuck.
The unit includes mounting brackets to secure the ladder to the deck or pool.
- Wide steps are clearly visible in the water
- Side openings prevent the growth of algae
- It’s easy to assemble
- The handrails are a little weak
- The angle at the back bottom of the stairs can make you trip
Buyer’s Guide – What To Look For In An Above Ground Pool Ladder
There are lots of factors one must consider before choosing an above ground pool ladder that’s a winner. Here is a buyer’s guide to help you with the decision:
You will find pool ladders made from stainless steel material, vinyl, resin and more. Stainless steel seems to be a sturdy option, right? Such ladders are usually slip-resistant too. But the problem is, the material erodes over time. It catches rust.
If Galvanized steel is chosen, you won’t have to worry about erosion because it’s rust-resistant. It has a zinc coating that keeps it in good shape for a long time as long as you maintain it.
Vinyl, on the other hand, does not rust. Sure it’s not as strong as stainless steel but it’s still sturdy.
Another material in which these ladders are available is plastic resin. It is durable, low maintenance, and weather resistant.
You will find above ground pool ladders in the traditional style as well as the style of a staircase. There is not much difference in either but people prefer the staircase model. That’s because it’s friendlier especially for users with physical limitations.
It depends on your personal choice which style you pick.
Pool ladders are available in different sizes. The size basically depends on your comfort level. If you don’t have kids and your safety concerns are minimum, then you can use an A-frame pool ladder. It’s easiest to use. One side goes into the pool while the other sits outside. Such ladders are small and easy to move.
Always consider the weight of the ladder before choosing. A ladder must have something that secures it on the interior end of the pool.
When a ladder does not have enough weight, it bobs around the water. This may not sound like a huge problem but if kids are going to use the pool, it can raise security concerns.
On the other hand, if safety is your concern, then look for a ladder with larger and visible steps. Make sure it has handrails too so that you can put your weight on them.
It’s equally important that the ladder is convenient to use for kids and adults. It should make your exit and entry safe and quick.
You might be in the market to get accessories for your above ground pool already. It’s critical that you buy items that are safe and convenient for your family’s use.
The best way to get the most value for the money is to inform yourself by doing prior homework. Consider all the information you have learned in this guide and check out any of the items that seems right for your above ground pool.